Sport Medicine Therapy
PREVENTION THROUGH WELLNESS WITH SPORTS MEDICINE
At Menner Chiropractic, Dr. Dave and Dr. Alan are both board certified as Chiropractic Sports Physicians (CCSP®) specializing in treatment of sports injuries. They strive to help people improve their athletic performance, recover from injury and prevent future injuries. They focus on both treatment and prevention of illness, as well as injuries to help people of all ages maximize function, minimize disability and time away from sports, work, or school.
Even for the non-athletes, sports medicine is an excellent resource for an individual who wishes to become active or begin an exercise program. For the “weekend warrior” or “industrial athlete” who experiences an injury, the same expertise used for the competitive athlete can be applied to return the individual as quickly as possible to full function.
- Sports Injury Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
- Rehabilitation Exercises
- Emergency Procedures
- Preparticipation Examination
- Joint Supports and Taping
- Exercise Prescription
- Sports Nutrition
- Sport-Specific Athletic Training
Benefits to Athletes:
- Faster recovery from injury—get back to play sooner
- Access to a wider range of treatment tools
- Expertise in high-performance athletics and preventive strategies
- Guidance for athletic training
- Sports nutrition consulting
- Individualized treatment
- Sports-specific treatment and preventive exercises
- Ability to integrate treatment with training
AND TO NON - ATHLETES:
- Faster evaluation of injury or pain source
- Reduced treatment duration; less visits
- Corrective exercises to prevent injuries
- Holistic approach wellness model
- Take advantage of the latest treatments and methods developed for athletics
10 Things You Should Know About Certified Sports Chiropractors
1. Possess specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness
2. Are experts in the function of the body during movement, from high-level athletics to everyday activities
3. Can help optimize athletic performance by applying an advanced understanding of musculoskeletal function and performance enhancement
4. Offer individualized care that extends beyond spinal adjustment to include direct treatment of muscles, joints and connective tissues
5. Focus on total body wellness and reaching optimal functioning, not just reducing pain
6. Are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends and treatment techniques
7. Can integrate seamlessly with other healthcare practitioners to optimize your medical care
8. Are passionate proponents of physical fitness and skilled sports medicine practitioners
9. Will help you achieve YOUR peak performance with a breadth and depth of knowledge found only with their specific training
10. Comprise the top tier of the chiropractic profession
Eat Well. Move Well. Live Well.
Learn more about our doctors at Menner Chiropractic here.
Are you interested in learning more about Sports Medicine, or do you want to begin your own Sports Medicine regimen that's customized to fit your needs?
Contact Menner Chiropractic today at (847) 540-6060.