Green smoothies are not only a unique color, but they also offer unique health benefits. Made with leafy greens that are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, green smoothies are an excellent way to enjoy a delicious drink that satisfies hunger and offers maximum nutrition.
You may think that turning leafy greens into a smooth, sweet delicious drink can be a bit of a challenge but it’s easier than you think – it only taking a couple minutes!
This green detox smoothie is a favorite of Dr. Dave’s and it has many health benefits including improvements in health, energy and mental clarity by increasing intake of vegetables, and fruits that contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Dr. Dave switches between this smoothie and the Brain Smoothie- KB Cure each morning to help boost his energy.
- Blender full of Spinach and Kale (i.e.- Power Greens (Costco) or Super Greens Blend (Jewel)
- ½ lemon, peeled (no rind)
- A slice of ginger root (about a Inch or so)
- 1-2 tablespoons of MCT Oil (Instant Source of Energy That Can Also Be Used to Fuel Your Brain)
- 1 scoop of Collegen Powder (Ortho Molecular) (Supports Joint Lubrication, Joint Cushioning, and Normal Connective Tissue Inflammatory Response)
- 1 teaspoon of Liquid Cayenne or 2 teaspoons of Green Tea Extract (Optional)
- Add a small amount of fruit to taste (Optional)
- 1 cup of Water (Try Coconut Water for a Twist!)
- (You can purchase MCT Oil and Collegen Powder here at Menner Chiropractic. Please feel free to call us at 847-540-6060 and if we do not have it on hand we can order it for you!)
- Add all ingredients into blender, you may need additional water to facilitate blending
- Blend till smooth
- Pour into serving glass and drink
If you want an extra concentrated dose of phytochemicals, minerals and vitamins follow the directions above but before pouring, refill it a second time filling it to the top with those leafy greens again!
Want your smoothie to be a little sweeter? Try adding a handful of cut up pineapple pieces or even a green apple for a little sour twist!
Tired of the fruit? Looking to change it up? Instead of fruit, try adding a vegetable instead, Adding a different vegetable or fruit provides you with different nutrients and vitamins, along with a new taste.
Remember to use fruits and vegetables that been de-seeded (such as cherries), de-cored (such as apples) and no skins (such as lemons). Seeds, cores and certain skins can be harmful if consumed or cause damage to your blender.