It’s amazing what these simple ingredients can accomplish! The coconut boosts your metabolism, the nuts provide muscle support, and the dried fruit is loaded with healthy fiber. Together, they create a sweet treat that will keep you full and energized. Keep a couple in your bag to help curb cravings and sustain energy when you’re on the go. Recipe courtesy of Dr. Skopek’s Family!
- 2 cup Dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1 cup Almonds
- ½ cup Dried, Unsweetened Coconut
- ½ cup Dried Cherries
- 2 tbsp Softened Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Generous pinch of Sea salt
- 1 tsp Cacao Powder
- Using a food processor with a metal blade.
- Add almonds and cashews to the processor and pulse until they are uniformly finely chopped.
- Then add the dates, cherries, coconut, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, cocoa powder and sea salt and process until a thick paste forms and clumps together in the work bowl.
- (The time will vary depending on the strength of your food processor. You may need to frequently stir the ingredients and process for a longer duration for a stickier, more consistent texture).
- Line an 8×8 pan with a large sheet of parchment paper so it hangs over the edge on one side.
- Transfer the mixture to the paper-lined pan, and using your hands, press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Fold the excess parchment over the bars to cover them and continue to very firmly press the bars down with a flat hand or heavy object until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Using the edges of parchment to remove the bars from the pan to a cutting board. Cut into desired size and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.