What is cupping therapy?
Cupping Therapy is a specific set of movements that Dr. Menner and Dr. Broering use in different combinations to quickly facilitate elimination of debris and release of rigid soft tissues. This therapy, like massage, creates space and separation in the tissues that allows the doctor to work more effectively and comfortably on his patients. Almost every area of the body responds to this unique treatment.
Purpose of Cupping:
To promote health and healing by loosening soft tissue and connective tissue, scarring and adhesions, moving stagnation and increasing lymphatic flow and circulation.
CONDITIONS THAT RESPOND WELL TO CUPPING INCLUDE:
- Bursitis, Tendonitis and other inflammatory conditions
- Sluggish Colon, IBS
- Stagnant Lymph and Edema
- Poor Circulation
- Insomnia and Anxiety
- Poorly Nourished Skin and Muscle Tissue
- Lung Inflammation and Congestion
- Migraine and Headaches
- High Blood Pressure
- Asthma and Pneumonia
- Neuralgia and Rheumatism
- Pre- and Post-Operative Conditions
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Chronic Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Athletic Stress and Injury
- Decrease or Relieve Pain and Inflammation
- Release Deep Muscular Issues
- Release and Soften Scar Tissue
- Lift and Stretch Soft Tissue
- Increased Range of Movement
- Open Chest and Lungs
- Improve Circulation
- Drain Lymph Fluid, Clear Drainage Pathways
- Sedate the Nervous System
- Open Energy Flow of the Body
- Dredging and Clearing Old Residue (blood and solidified lymph from injuries, surgeries, and chronic movement patterns) out of the muscle and soft tissue — “milking the tissue”
Eat Well. Move Well. Live Well.
For more information about if cupping is right for you, or if you have other questions about the safety of cupping please call 847-540-6060 to book an appointment with Dr. David Menner.