While the green smoothie bowl packs the same nutrition of the more traditional smoothies, it’s thicker in consistency with the addition of fun toppings!
Plus, sometimes you just need to dig in with a spoon. Start with this base and then vary the greens depending on tastes and availability. When you choose different toppings and nutritional boosts each time, it will prevent green smoothie bowl boredom!
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 1)
- 6 ounces plant-based milk (try almond or cashew DIY nut milk)
- 2 cups leafy greens, loosely packed (spinach, kale, Swiss chard or any combo)
- ¼ avocado
- 1 banana, sliced & frozen
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional flavorings: vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest, ginger, mint, matcha green tea powder
- Blend the greens and plant-based milk.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Put in a bowl and cover with toppings of choice.
- Get creative & have fun!
- Cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut
- Goji berries
- Fresh fruit (mangos, kiwi, berries, chopped figs, sliced bananas, peaches, pomegranate seeds)
- Bee pollen
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Nuts (cashews, sliced almonds, crushed walnuts, pecans, Macadamia nuts)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Drizzles of nut or seed butter
- Resource: Kale and Chocolate