Hearty and “wheaty” tasting, this gluten free bread recipe is sure to be a family favorite! It couldn’t be easier, and you don’t need a bread machine!
- 3 1/2 cups Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend
- 1 1/2 cups milk (any kind)
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Mix yeast in 1/4 cup warm water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Warm milk, add oil, honey and cider vinegar.
- Beat (room temperature) egg and add to milk mixture.
- Add yeast mixture to milk mixture and blend.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and blend on medium speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour into well-greased loaf pan.
- Cover loosely with sprayed waxed paper or plastic wrap and towel and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cover loosely with foil tent to prevent over browning and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Serving suggestions: slices best if allowed to cool completely first. Excellent warmed up and served with butter and honey!
To make French Bread or free-form bread we suggest you heavily oil your bowl, then dump the finished dough onto the baking sheet.
Wet your hands and gently work it into loaf shape. Bake for about 45-50 minutes at 350 F.