Have a sweet tooth but trying to eat healthy? Try this unique chocolate cake that is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free!
SERVING SIZE: 8-10 PEOPLE
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate (Baker’s Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 2/3 cup local honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. espresso or instant coffee powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8” spring form pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut oil and the chocolate. Microwave in 30 second to 1-minute intervals until the chocolate is fully melted. Stir every 30 seconds. Break the chocolate into smaller pieces to speed up the process. You should not need more than about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the 2/3 cup of honey.
- Then add the eggs 1 at a time.
- Add the cocoa powder, espresso, and salt until fully combined and there are no lumps remaining.
- Pour into pan and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Top with whatever you desire.
- Cut into thin wedges, serve, and enjoy!
I followed the recipe to a T first time and I slightly overbaked it by letting it go the full 25 minutes. I did the old-fashioned toothpick test to see if it was done as well.
This desert is tremendously rich! I cut back on the chocolate and only use 3 ounces instead of 4. The toppings help cut some of the sweetness depending on what you use. I like to top it with 100% organic fruit preserve, unsweetened coconut, and fresh fruit.
Eating well doesn’t have to be so bad, embrace it, and enjoy it!